A recipient is not getting the original email & report after the incoming attachment is stripped and quarantined - MS 4.35.11

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Mon Nov 29 15:07:06 GMT 2004

No errors at all.  All is clean.
The message is never delivered to the recipient once its attachment is
quarantined.  It acts like Still Deliver Silent Viruses but this is about
bad file name (the attachment), not about a virus.
Besides, the postmaster gets a proper notification with "Bad Filename
Detected" subject line.

Thanks,

Magda

             Ugo Bellavance
             <ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.
             Sent by:                  MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
             MailScanner                                                cc
             mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC                                     Subject
             MAIL.AC.UK>               Re: A recipient is not getting the
                                       original email & report  after the
                                       incoming attachment is stripped and
             11/29/2004 09:45          quarantined   - MS 4.35.11
             AM

             Please respond to
                MailScanner
               mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                MAIL.AC.UK>

Magda Hewryk wrote:
> Hi,
> I need a help to figure out why the recipient is not getting the original
> email and the report after the bad attachment has been stripped out.
> This is not an infected email by virus.  This is a bad file name email.
> The Postmaster however gets the notification with the "Bad Filename
> Detected" in the subject line.

Any errors in your logs?