Sudden problem with MailScanner 4.36.1

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Mon Nov 29 14:06:37 GMT 2004

Yes, I'm getting the same error on 4.36.1 but I know why ...

I've installed 4.35.11 and had to uninstall it.  I've removed
MailScanner.rpm (rpm -e - -nodeps) and I re-installed the old  4.36.1
again.
That was not a good idea ..  .  I'm getting  the parse messages and the
postmaster gets the message that "Report: Could not analyze message"

Nov 29 08:16:04 xxx  MailScanner[26140]: Cannot parse
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/26140/iATDFocq026169.header and , Can't
locate object method "init" via package "MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/MIME/Decoder.pm line 179.

Thanks,

Magda Hewryk
--------------------------------
Mid-Range Systems
905-273-1637 (Office)
416-554-0743 (Cell)

             "Stanier, Alan M"
             <alan at ESSEX.AC.UK
             Sent by:                  MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
             MailScanner                                                cc
             mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC                                     Subject
             MAIL.AC.UK>               Sudden problem with MailScanner
                                       4.36.1

             11/29/2004 05:27
             AM

             Please respond to
                MailScanner
               mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                MAIL.AC.UK>

Hi

We are running MailScanner 4.36.1 on three SMTP servers. At 08:50 today,
one server stopped delievering mail, logging messages like:-

Cannot parse
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/29863/1CYiZb-0000Xg-LK.header and ,
write-open
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/29863/1CYiZb-0000Xg-LK/msg-29863-4.txt:
No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/MIME/Body.pm line 414,
<_GEN_3> line 1159.

Nothing obvious happened to trigger the fault, there is no evidence of
disk problems, lots of freespace on the disks. Everything seems the same
on the machine that is failing as on those that are working.

Does anyone have any idea where I should be looking for the problem?

Thanks