Sudden problem with MailScanner 4.36.1

Stanier, Alan M alan at ESSEX.AC.UK
Mon Nov 29 10:27:08 GMT 2004

Hi

We are running MailScanner 4.36.1 on three SMTP servers. At 08:50 today,
one server stopped delievering mail, logging messages like:-

Cannot parse
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/29863/1CYiZb-0000Xg-LK.header and ,
write-open
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/29863/1CYiZb-0000Xg-LK/msg-29863-4.txt:
No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/MIME/Body.pm line 414,
<_GEN_3> line 1159.

Nothing obvious happened to trigger the fault, there is no evidence of
disk problems, lots of freespace on the disks. Everything seems the same
on the machine that is failing as on those that are working.

Does anyone have any idea where I should be looking for the problem?

Thanks