MS 4.35.11 - need a help with Deliver Cleaned Messages after MS upgrade

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Mon Nov 29 10:04:52 GMT 2004

Hi Martin,
Thanks for getting back to me!

I've upgraded MS:  version 4.31.6 to 4.35.11
OS:  Fedora 1
Download file:  MailScanner-4.35.11-1.rpm.tar.gzip

I can't get the Notification to be sent to the user about the attachment
being stripped.
I've got the zip attachment in the quarantine directory but the message is
not forward to the user.  It is treated like a virus  (Still Deliver Silent
Viruses = no ).
I don't know why?  The postmaster however gets the message "Bad Filename
Detected".

What is wrong that MS can't send the notification about the attachment
stripped to the user?
All work before the upgrade (last night).

Nov 29 04:47:29  xxxxx MailScanner[24695]: Filename Checks: Possible
Microsoft Exchange Shortcut attack (iAT9lAUC026333 Copyofbb-lnxraid.zip)
Nov 29 04:47:29 xxxxx   MailScanner[24695]: Saved infected
"Copyofbb-lnxraid.zip" to
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20041129/iAT9lAUC026333

Thanks,

Magda Hewryk
04:52:13 AM: