upgraded SpamAssassin to 3.0.1 from 2.63...bayes trouble

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sun Nov 28 22:00:54 GMT 2004

Fractal IT Dept. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just upgraded SpamAssassin to 3.0.1 from 2.6.3, and most things seem
> alright. One problem is that Bayes doesn't seem to be working though. If
> I type "sa-learn --import" or "sa-learn --rebuild" I get an error that
> says "bayes: bayes db version 2 is not able to be used, aborting! at
> /usr/libperl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 160.
>
> Obviously, something is not quite right, or I missed a step somewhere.
> Help!

SA3 uses bayes db version 3 so you need to upgrade it. That doesn't
always work so the easiest thing would be to delete the files and it
will start over using version 3. It will soon be trained again.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun