CustomFunction: WhiteListFutureSender

paddy paddy at PANICI.NET
Thu Nov 25 09:46:28 GMT 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:46:00AM -0500, William Burns wrote:

> Mail sent from "long.name at address.com" AND "lname at address.com" is
> associated w/ a mailbox named "lname". I had to do a bunch of manual
> configs to get the outbound recip. address written to the right
> local-user database/file. That way, procmail could check one file for
> the "lname" user at delivery time.

I'm impressed.  I have a growing list of uses for a piece of code that
does a reasonable job of mapping email address to user and vice versa,
and I suspect I would find something very useable in webmin already,
but I've not got around to it yet.  For this CF I've just tried to
do the simplest thing possible.

For this kind of whitelisting it strikes me that the desired effect
need not stop at correspondent to correspondent.  Some organisations
might wish to have returns whitelisted to the whole of their domain,
and it might be possible to have domain to domain whitelisting,
if one could avoid whitelisting domains like hotmail.com ...
This is why I was thinking about hooking the whitelisting effect in
through spamassassin scores - so that these effects could be implemented
as functions, and the weightings for parameters found by trial and error.

Whether I'll ever get that far is another matter :)

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall