perhaps this is old news

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Mon Nov 22 18:36:36 GMT 2004

Robin, Rob wrote:

>All,
>
>        Just would like to share this. Perhaps this is old news.
>        I have a couple of spam 'creep through'. I checked the score, it's over 20. From my outlook client, the word '{Spam?}' did not appear ib the subject (and therefore not sorted to my suspected spam folder). I set my spam to be tagged. All others are tagged just fine.
>        After looking through the header, I realized that there are 2 'Subject' headers. Only the first one is tagged '{Spam?}.
>        This has sucesfully made my Outlook client to use only the second header and ignoring the tagged one (and thus not go into junk folder).
>        Not sure this is a new trick by spammers to bypass subject spam tagging mechanism. Or it's spammers' incidental bug. Or Outlook's handling of headers.
>        Below is the header if you are interested.
>        Time to add new rules to the mail client :-). How many customers I need to call for adding new rules if things continue like this...

The same thing happened to me this morning but the email had been moved
to my spam folder by my Sieve rule on our Cyrus mail server.

Thunderbird 0.9 showed the 2nd Subject tag in the message list pane (the
one without MS's spam warning) but it used the 1st Subject tag in the
message view pane!!!

Denis

--
   _