virtusertable...

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at GMX.DE
Mon Nov 22 12:10:21 GMT 2004

Mark Pottage wrote:

> Further to the previous post.
>
> We have seen discussions about adding the following line to enable
> sendmail to look at thte local hosts/virtusertable.
>
> I have not added this line, as I would like to know more about it first.
>
> define(`SMTP_MAILER_FLAGS', `A')
>
> Can anyone tell me if by adding this we can then add lines to
> virtusertable. and they will be picked up?

$ grep -i smtp_mailer /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf
SMTP_MAILER_FLAGS       [undefined] Flags added to SMTP mailer.  Default
                        then SMTP_MAILER_FLAGS is used.
SMTP_MAILER_MAX         [undefined] The maximum size of messages that will
SMTP_MAILER_MAXMSGS     [undefined] If defined, the maximum number of
SMTP_MAILER_MAXRCPTS    [undefined] If defined, the maximum number of
SMTP_MAILER_ARGS        [TCP $h] The arguments passed to the smtp mailer.
ESMTP_MAILER_ARGS       [TCP $h] The arguments passed to the esmtp mailer.
DSMTP_MAILER_ARGS       [TCP $h] The arguments passed to the dsmtp mailer.
SMTP_MAILER_QGRP        [undefined] The queue group for the smtp mailer.
ESMTP_MAILER_QGRP       [undefined] The queue group for the esmtp mailer.
DSMTP_MAILER_QGRP       [undefined] The queue group for the dsmtp mailer.
SMTP_MAILER_CHARSET     [undefined] If defined, messages containing
8-bit data
confSMTP_MAILER         -               [esmtp] The mailer name used when

$ grep -i2 smtp_mailer_flags /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf
                        be accepted by the usenet mailer.
USENET_MAILER_QGRP      [undefined] The queue group for the usenet mailer.
SMTP_MAILER_FLAGS       [undefined] Flags added to SMTP mailer.  Default
                        flags are `mDFMuX' for all SMTP-based mailers; the
                        "esmtp" mailer adds `a'; "smtp8" adds `8'; and
--
                        flags are `mDFMuX' for all SMTP-based mailers; the
                        relay mailer adds `a8'.  If this is not defined,
                        then SMTP_MAILER_FLAGS is used.
SMTP_MAILER_MAX         [undefined] The maximum size of messages that will
                        be transported using the smtp, smtp8, esmtp, or
dsmtp

--
shrek-m