mailscanner with postfix startup messages

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Mon Nov 22 09:09:25 GMT 2004

On Mon, November 22, 2004 0:16, dave said:
> Hello,
>     I'm trying to get mailscanner going with postfix. I have customized
> mailscanner.conf and made the other changes as per the howto. I am getting
> some strange messages in the maillog:
> "bogus file HOLD/razor-agent.log"
> That's coming from postfix postsuper when i start postfix. Checking
> /var/spool/postfix/hold there is indeed a file razor-agent.log. I do not
> know how this got here and would like to know if it's something i have to
> worry about or a config problem?

It comes from running Razor as the Postfix user (Which you have to do as
that is what MailScanner will use). You should remove this file and
configure Razor to log else where (In spam.assassin.prefs.conf).

> Next, i'm getting a message about
> spamassassin whitelist functionality, not sure what this is? I'm also
> getting a message "messages found but no hashed queue directories".

That is caused by the above log file. It will go if you remove it.

>     I'd also like to know if postfix-style virtual domains are also
> effected by this setup?

MailScanner makes no difference to virtual domains or local domains. It
just does it's job and lets Postfix worry about what is virual/ local and
how to make delivery.

HTH

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous