Querying other SMTP server for valid addresses?

Steve Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.COM
Sat Nov 20 00:28:22 GMT 2004

I've had some correspondence with the author, Anthony C Howe, and some
limited experience just watching logs scroll by :) Anthony thinks the
rejection of most dictionary attacks leads to overall improved performance
on the email gateway. I agree, although I don't yet have any empirical
evidence.

I also had an earlier post today that discussed performance issues

The time it takes to make the query appears to be very quick for most of the
domains we are testing - and they are not local domains.

Steve

Steve Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.