specs & platform for new server

Sylvain Phaneuf sylvain.phaneuf at IMSU.OXFORD.AC.UK
Fri Nov 19 14:28:09 GMT 2004

Thanks. I will try your suggestions for a few days.

Sylvain

Sylvain Phaneuf wrote:
> I see your point and I don't mind the server being very busy. The
only
> problem is that we have left the default setting "reject MTA
connections
> when load is >12". So when our ISP realises that we don't accept
their
> messages, our messages are put on their "wait 15 min" queue. Should
> change the setting to much bigger nmbers?

What I'd do is push this number a little, then see if the delay for
delivery and other factors (memory usage, swapping, message batch
size,
etc.) go bad.  If it is still ok, I'd keep on pushing it up.