Postfix, mailwatch and queue IDs (and of course mailscanner:-)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 17:01:57 GMT 2004

Steen, Glenn wrote:

>Hi all...
>
>I gather from the gigantic shrug I'm getting here (how else to interpret
>... silence:-) that noone has a good handle on how to "improve" the
>situation regarding duplicates in sql-logs (and possible quarantine
>corruption) when using some such log feature with MS, due to postfix
>reusing queue IDs

No, sorry, there's not a whole lot that can be easily done here. I guess
I could tack the time onto the end of the message id when it is used
inside MailScanner, just for Postfix. Then I could remove the timestamp
again when the message is written into the outgoing queue (the
"requeueing" code will probably do thay anyway).

It would have to be a small custom patch just for you, so some payment
would be appreciated if that's possible.

>Why not ask the postfix people to "fix it"? Well, I'm guessing one will
>get even less response (if that's possible:-) from then, and then
>probably just a pointer to amavisd-new.

A helpful response from the postfix people to a MailScanner question?
The pigs are taxi-ing to the end of the runway as I type...

>Or has this been discussed in depth already? I couldn't find mention of
>it in the list archive...

Interestingly I don't think it has come up before.

--
Julian Field