New question

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Nov 16 14:00:17 GMT 2004

> We are trying to validate users from
> 5 - 6 exchange servers and an Imail server.
>
> Once the validation is done, then we will scan and relay to those
> servers based on ip addresses.
>
>  Is anyone else doing something like this?

 Similar, but not nearly as many servers. I do something along those lines
for two Exchange servers here. However, in my case I build a recipient list
on each server and push it down to my MailScanner box, at which point the
two files are merged together into a list of all possible recipients. In my
case the routing is done on a per domain basis, so I have static entries in
my transports file to redirect the domains to the appropriate server. It
wouldn't be too hard to have it redirect on a per user basis though.

 My particular setup is loosely based on the following two articles:

 http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/postfix-exchange-users.html

 http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/mailrelay/

 Cheers,
-Joshua