notice help

James Gray james_gray at ocs.com
Tue Nov 16 03:00:08 GMT 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:57 pm, Jorge A. Arenas Quezada wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
>     I like to know if there is a way to send notice about virus to the
> administrator, but only from mails from inside address.
>
>     I have problems because i receive 300 notice mails, but i like to make
> some separation from virus from inside computers and virus received from
> the rest of the world.
>
>     i like to point my view to internal addresses with problems, not to
> all 300 mails.
>
> it's possible to do this ?
>
> thanks
>
> jorge arenas

Simple answer: ruleset

Find the bit in MailScanner.conf that says:

# Notify the local system administrators ("Notices To") when any infections
# are found?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Send Notices = yes

Change to "Send Notices = %rules-dir%/notices.rules"

"%rules-dir%" is usually /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules - or check where it points
at the top of MailScanner.conf.  Anyway, in %rules-dir% create the file
"notices.rules" with the following: