all local rules not loaded

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Nov 15 17:14:00 GMT 2004

At 09:37 AM 11/14/2004, Matthijs Althoff wrote:
>Switched today to latest MailScanner and upgraded Spamassassin from 2.64 to
>3.01 I have noticed the file /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf is still there
>but a new file init.pre has been written is this the new file also to put
>in some of my rules. Problem is the custom spam rules are ignored

I'd first check this out at the SA level.

First, run spamassassin --lint. You should get no complaints and it should
exit silently. If it complains, fix any compliants before going further.

Second, run spamassassin -D --lint. The first few lines should tell you
where your "site rules dir" is, as SA understands it. Make sure your custom
rules are located there.

Third, make sure that any custom rules are in .cf file.

Fourth, try running a message through SA's command line that will trigger a
custom rule and make sure it works:
         spamassassin -t < message.txt.

You can use SA's sample-spam.txt as a template if you don't have any
messages in plain RFC 822 format.

If you get through all that, and SA uses the rule but not under
mailscanner, then you might have a mailscanner issue....