German Word/Excel Spam

Billy Pumphrey billy at PLANETGEEK.BIZ
Mon Nov 15 16:37:28 GMT 2004

Speaking of ebay.  Anyone getting the spam, looks real, about updating your
ebay information along with paypal/credit card and so forth?

Here is the link in the email that says to update:
http://203.251.21.2/signin.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll/b2baf0b6a57d39abd6c44b
48d6fe3559112c21e54b7e705ecc5116b3c7c38c37949e8aa81848934faf0821be04210e8c2d
ed3c4159edbee3ee1439f3892a3e91/

The ip address in the url gives it away for one.  This email is very
convincing.

Here is the body:

We regret to inform you that your eBay account could be suspended if you
don't re-update your account information. To resolve this problems please
click here and re-enter your account information. If your problems could not
be resolved your account will be suspended for a period of 24 hours, after
this period your account will be terminated.

For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning,
temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and
refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may
cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may
also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any
information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited
from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.
Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon
obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.

Regards, Safeharbor Department eBay, Inc
The eBay team.
This is an automatic message. Please do not reply.