OT: Bitdefender issues

Alessandro Bianchi alex at SKYNET-SRL.COM
Sun Nov 14 21:33:58 GMT 2004

> The problem is to do with a kernel security feature called exec-shield
> solve the above problem you need to turn it off with the following
> command
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/exec-shield
>
> There is some more background info at
> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/exec-shield/ANNOUNCE-exec-shield
>
> Here come my questions :)
> Has anybody else had this problem with bitdefender & FC2? (I think it
> happened after upgrading to kernel-2.6.8-1.521)

Hywel

Same problem here and after playing with the bitdefender support team
they emailed tha " a fix will be available soon".

It was two months ago...

They also confirm the problem is about the kernel...

I don't think to have to low my defences for a buggy piece of software,
so I stopped using bitdefender until they will fix it , but I wonder if
it will ever happen.

In the while it seems they are releasing version 8 but I cant' see the
free version

Take your own conclusions...

Best regards

Alessandro