Never getting URIBL_PH_SURBL hits

Fri Nov 12 12:18:11 GMT 2004

Julian,

> And yes, I've run MS in debug mode with SA in debug mode as well, and it
> reports all the correct directories and files as it reads them, doesn't
> complain about any errors in them at all.
>
> Everything seems absolutely fine and hunky-dory, all the other SURBLs work
> as expected, but I never get a URIBL_PH_SURBL hit.
>
> Anyone got any ideas on this one?

The PH list is relatively small, so the number of hits also i guess. The
list is recently merged so its somehow bigger since today. My experience
however is that JP also picks them out. Sites like ebayupgrade. org are
listed in JP also. You would expect them inside PH, but the point is they
are getting out anyway ;)

Today Jeff wrote on the SURBL list:

'Thanks for your feedback David.  Based on your feedback and
others, I went ahead and merged the fraud.rhs.mailpolice.com data
in with your mailsecurity.net.au phishing list into ph.surbl.org.

Overlap between these two lists was only 36 records, and combining
the lists has approximately doubled the size of the ph.surbl.org
to about 1000 records.'

So perhaps you get some hits now.

Bye,
Raymond.