Newbie help please

Vasiliy Boulytchev VBoulytchev at COINFOTECH.COM
Wed Nov 10 16:39:15 GMT 2004

Mike,
        Have you tried getting on IRC, server is FreeNode, chan is #mailscanner.  On freenode they have #clamav and #spamassassin, among other great support groups.

Thanks,
Vasiliy Boulytchev
Colorado Information Technologies Inc.
http://www.coinfotech.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 10:19 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Newbie help please

________________________________

Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 11:13 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Newbie help please

If anyone out there can help.
I am having issues with MailWatch/MailScanner.

I am attaching the configs in a zip file.

I am getting some messages logged and some that are not to the mailscanner database.

Also, some messages are not being delivered at all or even in the maillog file.

Can you look over my configs and let me know.

System:
Fedora Core 2
Mysql - latest 4.1
PHP
Apache
Postfix
Mailscanner
MailWatch
ClamAV

--- Tid bits:

When mail comes in, it is checked against a mysql database for user verification, then it is checked against a relay domain table that will allow or not allow that domain to relay through. Then it should be scanned by Mailscanner, logged to Mailwatch, then checked against the database to see where it should be delivered to.  Another internal box or an external exchange server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevant log entries might be helpful.

Mike

------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------ To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words: 'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email. Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).