Spamassissin compleatly ballsed - what to do?

DNSAdmin dnsadmin at 1BIGTHINK.COM
Tue Nov 9 18:39:21 GMT 2004

At 12:53 PM 11/9/2004, you wrote:

>My spamassissin is compleatly stuffed.
>
>I dont really know when or how it happend, possibly someone did a
>package upgrade without informing me - these things happens.
>
>Now however I get some very strange behaviour in Mailscanner.
>
>Either this

>Why on earth is it marked "Found to be clean" with a SA score that is way
>over the mark limit?
>
>My High Scoring spam is set to 10.0 and Spam is set to 5.0, this should be
>marked as spam surely?
>
>Or in the worst case I get this.

>This system used to work great and I loved it till a few weeks ago! No
>config changes have been made to MailScanner, what could be causing this?

Colin,

Is it possible you are overlooking something or expecting to find a problem
that isn't there? It appears you received an email that was "clean" of
virus content and was tagged as spam.

As for the timeout condition at the end of your message, you could be
experiencing heavy traffic during that period and be timing out due to RBL
spam checks?

If you're certain of a problem, you sure have not demonstrated it.

Cheers,
Glenn

believed to be clean.
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/
Configuration by Glenn Parsons dnsadmin-at-1bigthink.com

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]

---