MS performance as a gateway comments

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue Nov 9 09:28:06 GMT 2004

On Tue, November 9, 2004 7:24, Jan-Peter Koopmann said:
> Alan,
>
>> I'm not on any kind of soapbox here, all I'm doing is posting
>> my obeservations related to my experience with three
>> different MTAs and their resource usage in a gateway
>> envirronment. Perhaps it might help someone else.
>
> Thanks for sharing your observation. I learned of a new high performance
> mailer and should I ever have to administer a box with so many mails
> (and performance problems) I now have an alternative to PostFix...

I would have loved you to have had a chance to try Postfix as well so
there was a complete MS supported MTA comparison (I'm not suggesting you
should break what you have just to complete the report ;-) ). I too have
never used zMailer preferring Postfix (As I'm stupid and find it much
easier to setup :-) ) but I'm always interested and on the lookout for
different ideas and options.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy