MS performance as a gateway comments

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue Nov 9 07:24:47 GMT 2004

Alan,

> I'm not on any kind of soapbox here, all I'm doing is posting
> my obeservations related to my experience with three
> different MTAs and their resource usage in a gateway
> envirronment. Perhaps it might help someone else.

And all some other guys are doing is contributing in that they are say
they never had these kinds of problems with the other MTAs you
mentioned. I suspect zmailer is a great MTA (never tried it myself) so I
am surely not argueing there. It's just that your observation is not
similar to the experience of some others here. And curious as those
people are they are trying to figure out why something that did not pose
a problem for them did for you. :-)

Thanks for sharing your observation. I learned of a new high performance
mailer and should I ever have to administer a box with so many mails
(and performance problems) I now have an alternative to PostFix...

Regards,
  JP