list serve problems

Mon Nov 8 11:10:44 GMT 2004

Remco

yeah I got one these as well - silly listserve is sending the bounce
message about duplicate message and posting it as well.

Julian (or someone one .ac.uk) can you nudge the listserve admins about
this - looks like I'm not the only one affected now..

Ta

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Remco Barendse wrote:
> Really??
>
> Subject: Rejected posting to MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
>    2   Shown    9.2 KB     Message, "Re: SURBL not working properly in
> MailScanner 4.35.9"
>    2.1 Shown    160 lines  Text
>
> Your message  is being returned to  you unprocessed because it  appears to
> have
> already  been distributed  to the  MAILSCANNER list.  That is,  a message
> with
> identical text  (but possibly with different  mail headers) has been
> posted to
> the list recently, either by you or by  someone else. If you have a good
> reason
> to resend this message to the list (for instance because you have been
> notified
> of a hardware failure with loss of  data), please alter the text of the
> message
> in some way and  resend it to the list. Note that  altering the "Subject:"
> line
> or adding blank  lines at the top  or bottom of the message  is not
> sufficient;
> you should  instead add a  sentence or  two at the  top explaining why
> you are
> resending the  message, so that the  other subscribers understand why
> they are
> getting two copies of the same message.
>

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:
>
>>> aaaargggghhh 3rd try
>>

>> All three made it to the list. Where is the problem?

>> 'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
>> Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
>> the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

the system manager.