Spam stored in wrong quarantine folder

Paul Houselander paul at 4FRONTMEDIA.NET
Fri Nov 5 14:46:35 GMT 2004

Hi

Have found some unusual behaviour I just wanted to run by the list.

I have 2 domains (abc.co.uk and xyz.com) whose mail accounts reside on
the same server. Both domains are scanned for Spam, but only on
incomming mail i.e. my Use Spamassasin ruleset looks like

To: *@abc.co.uk yes
To: *@xyz.com yes
FromTo: default no

I have a ruleset for quarantine as well

FromTo: *@abc.co.uk     /quarantine/abc.co.uk
FromTo: *@xyz.com       /quarantine/xyz.com

and my Spam Actions ruleset looks like

To: *@abc.co.uk         store forward spam at abc.co.uk
To: *@xyz.com           store forward spam at xyz.com

If user1 at abc.co.uk sends a message to user2 at xyz.com that gets tagged as
spam it gets quarantined in /quarantine/abc.co.uk, I would have expected
it to be quarantined in /quarantine/xyz.com

I have a web application that allows people to release there own spam,
and am finding in the scenorio outlined above they cannot as the message
is not in there own domains quarantine directory.

Is this expected behaviour/config error on my part/or possible bug

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Paul Houselander

This message has been scanned for unacceptable content by 'VITANIUM'
the industry leading email virus and content management service from
Vitanium Systems. Contact details are available at www.vitanium.com.