minimum attachment size?

Thu Nov 4 14:48:46 GMT 2004

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-2" character set. ]

Julian

Also tried it here as well - blocked a valid 'bounce' email from a
mailing list

It was in Italian, so I'm just guessing the email was valid in the firt
place, unless someone would like a copy off list to verify this...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Marcin Ro¿ek wrote:
>> Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
>>
>>> My morning summary of bad emails, as reported by MailScanner, showed a
>>> pile of "attachment too small" rejections of local users.  I had set the
>>> value to zero.  While we discourage Outlook on our campus (we support

>> I've just tested this on Outlook Express V6.00.2800.1165. E-mail
>> forwarded as
>> attachment wasn't blocked... Most of our users use Thunderbird although
>> there's
>> still some outlook-ers but none of them did report this problem...
>>
>> Maybe you could process such e-mail using MS in debug mode?
>
> ouch... I did double check "Minimum Attachment Size" i MailScanner.conf
> and it
> looks like it was turned off...(I forgot to rename MailScanner.conf.new to
> MailScanner.conf after upgrade) When i set it to "1" then indeed MS blocks
> e-mails from Outlook Express...
> Mea culpa. I'm sorry.
>
> Marcin

the system manager.