FW: RPM package conflict error

Marco Obaid mwobaid at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:06:16 GMT 2004


I managed to fix the perl RPM package conflict error on RHEL. This is
caused after installing 4.35.9-1. Here is what I did:

1) rpm -e --nodeps perl
2) up2date -u
3) MailScanner -V (notice that MIME::QuotedPrint has been downgraded to 2.03)
4) Stop MailScanner  (not sure if necessary)
5) Follow these instructions to re-install perl-MIME-Base64:

    cd MailScanner-4.35.9-1
    rpm -Uvh perl-MIME-Base64-3.05-2.src.rpm
    pushd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
    rpmbuild -bp perl-MIME-Base64.spec
    cd ../BUILD
    cd perl-MIME-Base64-3.05
    perl Makefile.PL
    make test
    make install
6) MailScanner -V  (notice that MIME::QuotedPrint has been upgraded to 3.05)
7) service MailScanner start
8) up2date -u (should report that all packages are up-to-date)

Now monitor your logs for any decoe error. I have done this on two
busy production servers and for the past couple of hours I have not
seen any problems. Mail is flowing nicely!

Thanks to Steve and Julian for their tips!

Hope this helps someone

------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

More information about the MailScanner mailing list