NO_DNS_FOR_FROM

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue Nov 2 07:41:46 GMT 2004

Hi,

> So, if we want to use something other than the default
> 'X-Envelope-From' header that SA is looking for, we just have to let
> SA know
> about it. For me, its just easier to use what SA is already
> looking for.

Is this test somehow related to the SPF checks? At first I did not get
SPF within SA up and running. I then changed the envelope_sender_header
and SPF started right away. Since I did not like that very much though I
tought Exim to put the Envelope-From in ist Received line as suggested
by the SpamAssassin folks.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/EnvelopeSenderInReceived?action=high
light&value=SPF

And guess what: SPF worked without envelope_sender_header at once.
Unfortunately I do not see any NO_DNS_FOR_FROM hits anymore which leads
me to suspect that this might be a bug in SA. Opinions?

Regards,
  JP