Some really newbie quesitons.

Victor DiMichina victor at PIXELMAGICFX.COM
Sat May 29 01:15:40 IST 2004

Paul wrote:

>2. when I get MailScanner to bounce spam, what email address will it use?
>Can I set it to a special address, i.e. do-not-reply@ etc. etc.

It's better not to bounce it,  as most of the e-mail "from" fields are
forged these days.   You're bouncing it back to someone who may not have
actually sent it.   Why not just re-direct it?     I have each of my
IMAP users set up with a spam mailbox where all spam goes.   I have  a
cron bot that goes around and deletes everything in that spam folder
after a  few weeks.     Let's not forget that sometimes--not often--but
sometimes SpamAssassin will get  a false positive.   You don't really
want to bounce that,  do you?

Vic

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk