Auto marking mail to nonexistent email address as spam

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri May 28 21:35:13 IST 2004

At 21:17 28/05/2004, you wrote:
>Is there anyway to do this?  For some reason, my boss doesn't want me
>rejecting email to unknown users, but EVERY piece of mail that goes to
>non-existent users is spam.  SpamAssassin catches most of it as spam,
>but is there any easy way to autolearn --spam the stuff it doesn't catch?

If you have any form of database that lists your known users, you could use
a Custom Function to mark all mail as spam for which all the recipients are
unknown. But then you won't deliver it anyway, which slightly questions the
point of doing it in the first place. But never let the truth get in the
way of a management decision :-)
--
Julian Field

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk