Some really newbie quesitons.

Michael St. Laurent mikes at HARTWELLCORP.COM
Fri May 28 22:00:10 IST 2004

hermit921 <mailto:hermit921 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> I don't view any system that sends me a lot of spam as innocent.  I
> consider it compromised, misconfigured, or deliberately malicious.

You don't seem to understand what a joe job is:

http://members.cox.net/joejob/

In the case of a joe job the systems you would be responding to are *not*
the ones that are actually sending the spam.  They are instead people as
innocent of spamming as you are.  Unless of course you start bouncing the
spam in which case you become a spammer as well and the only innocent party
left is the poor b at stard who is being jobbed.

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk