Second Server

Leen Besselink leen at wirehub.nl
Fri May 28 18:21:43 IST 2004

> > Is there any easy way of telling the system to deliver all mail for
> > local mailboxes to a remote host in this case or do I have to add
> > entries into the aliases file to forward mail to the other server for
> > pop3 collection ?
> >

> What about an LDAP-database, which Postfix2 (for example) uses to sort out
> if mail should be stored locally or where to send the mail.
>
> let's say you have in LDAP:
> mail=email at addy
> mailHost=some-mail-server-name
>
> you'd have 2 lookup's, one to see if it should be delivered locally:
> (&(mailHost=this-server-name)(mail=email at addy))
>
> and an other if it should be relayed:
> (&(!(mailHost=this-server-name))(mail=email at addy))
>
> OK, this was not tested, but just an idea.
>
> (although I'm not quiet sure which postfix-maps that should be... I'd
> have to check the documentation)

BTW, just thought it a bit longer...

The perdition-proxy would be setup with
(&(!(mailHost=this-server-name))(mail=email at addy)) and as default-server
127.0.0.1, and the real IMAP-server would do the lookup for the
mailbox-path/etc. like it would normally (possible including:
mailHost=this-server-name).

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk