Virus scanning spam

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Fri May 28 09:56:31 IST 2004

I suspect we're unusual here, but of our around 8000 incoming emails daily
about 15% are viruses and 5% high-scoring spam.  That's not including the
500-1300 messages which are blocked at the MTA level thanks to Vispan's
autoblacklisting of virus senders.

I'd thought of a simple "Scan for Viruses First" option, but you're right,
it could be auto-tuning.  Or something like "Scan For Viruses
First=Yes/No/Auto".

Some things may need precedences regardless of the order scanned, like never
quarantining viruses, even if flagged as spam.  Although this might need to
be an explicit option.

Cheers,

Phil
----