2500 timeouts a day! (Solved)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 27 14:01:42 IST 2004

I wouldn't put more than a few hundred entries in a ruleset. They all have
to be searched top to bottom for every message. If you know they are going
to be complete email addresses then take a look for the Fast ruleset code
in CustomConfig.pm and implement your blacklist using that code. It will be
*much* faster.

One of these days I will write an optimiser for the configuration compiler,
which will spot this happening and automatically implement them using a
hash table. But I never seem to have quite enough time to get around to
writing that....

--
Julian Field

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk