Second Server

Leen Besselink leen at wirehub.nl
Wed May 26 22:32:29 IST 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Mike Norton wrote:

> We have put together a new mail system using MailScanner however we
> would like to change the setup so that we can have two servers sharing
> the load (equal MX priority) however we only want our users to connect
> to one machine to collect pop mail what is the best way of doing this
> ?

What might help is if you use Perdition:
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/

If you store somewhere, where you store your mail (you need it anyway,
otherwise how would you route it to 'the other' when needed), you'll be
done.

I hope that's helpfull.

> Thanks
>
> Mike

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. - Albert Einstein

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk