MailScanner[31525]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 20

Casanova, Chase Chase.Casanova at RDU.COM
Wed May 26 21:53:18 IST 2004

I've been getting several of these lately too.  Do you happen to be using Razor with SpamAssassin?  I think Razor's servers are getting congested at certain times of the day and causing the SpamAssassin calls from MailScanner to time out.  I'm not sure if there is a way to tell SpamAssassin to let Razor timeout and continue with other checks.

Thanks,
Chase

-----Original Message-----
From: Idan Plotnik [mailto:idan at SECURENET.CO.IL]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 1:40 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [MAILSCANNER] MailScanner[31525]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 20

Hi All,

Someone can tell me the reason for this error that appear in my maillog?

"MailScanner[31525]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 20"

I read about this and I found out the it can be a DNS problem but not In my case.

I think that because of this problem a lot of spam is getting into my organization.

Thanks a lot.

To leave, send leave mailscanner to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ and the archives at

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk