I CANT STOP RELAY !!

Chris W. Parker cparker at SWATGEAR.COM
Wed May 26 21:05:43 IST 2004

Diego,

I'd be interested in doing this also. Have you succeeded in getting it
to work?

Chris.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Diego Fabara [mailto:diego.fabara at ALEGROPCS.COM]
        Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 9:38 AM
        To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: I CANT STOP RELAY !!

        This is used as a gateway and delivers directly to pop server
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Linux/Q_20989664.html

        Here is how I have configured in access
        joe at domain.com OK
        bill at domain.com OK
        domain.com REJECT

        I do this to stop dictionary attacks against domain.com

        however when I send mail to joe at domain.com it rejects
        when I change the domain.com REJECT to RELAY it gets delivered.
however so does all the spam for anybody at domain.com

        In my sendmail m4 file I have 2 entries

        FEATURE(`access_db')
        FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> -o /etc/mail/access.db')dnl

        I tried with just the first feature with just the second feature
and with both

        yes I rebuilt sendmail after changing
        yes I updated database
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Linux/Q_20989664.html
>  with command

        makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access

        Please Help................. thank you wish I had more points as
this is important to me.

        INFORMACION CONFIDENCIAL:
        SE PROHIBE LA DIFUSION O PUBLICACION DE ESTA INFORMACION A
TERCEROS SIN LA AUTORIZACION EXPRESA Y POR ESCRITO DE TELECSA. ESTA
INFORMACION DEBE SER GUARDADA CON SEGURIDADES CUANDO NO SE LA ESTE
UTILIZANDO. SI USTED NO ES EL DESTINATARIO DE ESTE EMAIL, USTED DEBERA
DEVOLVERLO AL EMISOR Y NO PODRA LEER, COPIAR O DISTRIBUIR SUS ANEXOS.
CUALQUIER OPINION EXPRESADA EN ESTE MENSAJE, CORRESPONDE A SU AUTOR Y NO
NECESARIAMENTE A TELECSA-ALEGRO PCS. --------------------------
MailScanner list ----------------------
        To leave, send leave mailscanner to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
        http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ and the archives at