Pb running mailscanner on debian box

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Wed May 26 15:46:58 IST 2004

Sounds like you still have another sendmail (or another mta) process
running.  From your own logs you've posted to the list, sometimes you had an
entry from "sendmail[2802]" and other times you had "sm-mta[5475]".  I don't
know sendmail at all, but I would think you want your DAEMON_PARMS to start
with "-bd" and not "bd" (notice the - at the beginning).

I would guess if you make that change and restart that sendmail would
complain about not being able to open a socket, because another process may
have it open.  If this is the  case, you'll need to find out what that
program is and stop it.

Hope this helps.

Jase

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk