Individual whitelists

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 25 22:23:24 IST 2004

The code in CustomConfig.pm will work very fast for large numbers of
different white/black lists.
It reads the whole of the lists into memory at the start (and every few
hours after that), and then reads them straight from memory as it goes along.
If the individual lists get large, you may want to combine it with the
high-speed ruleset processing code in there too. You can use this if you
know what every entry in each white/black list is going to be an exact
email address or a domain name. If that is the case then a fast lookup can
be done for each message, rather than having to process the whole list one
entry at a time, which is what you have to do in the general case.

One of these days I will try to write an optimiser for the configuration
compiler, but it's not easy.

--
Julian Field

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk