Using process priority to throttle inbound SMTP

Christopher Schanzle mailscanner at CAS.HOMELINUX.ORG
Tue May 25 17:03:54 IST 2004

David H. wrote:

> Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>

>>> What does anyone else think of this idea?
>>> --
>>

>> Why not use a mailer that allready can ? Eg Exim ?
>>
> and the upcoming sendmail 8.13.0 can as well. I see no point in
> implementing this in MailScanner, that is clearly a feature the MTA
> needs.
>
> - -d

We're entrenched into sendmail and this tweak is not sufficient to
migrate to some other MTA.

Sorry if I missed it in the Release Notes for Beta2, but what new
feature of 8.13.0 implemented this?

A quick grep for 'setpriority' came up empty, and looking for 'nice'
showed support for confNICE_QUEUE_RUN for queue runner niceness.  Is
there something that can be done with the Nice=N mailer option added in
8.7.1(!)?

Thanks,
Chris

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk