mailscanner ran out of space

JD jd at BENTECMED.COM
Mon May 24 19:32:29 IST 2004

It actually turned out that my quarantine wasn't so bad. I was my maillogs
that were taking up all of the space in /var/log. I had maillog.# that were
reaching up to 500mb a piece.

By the way peter, I have family friends that live in Enschede. Henk Goedhart
who works in Holec. I just went and visited, its a nice area.

-JD

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Peter Peters
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 2:09 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: mailscanner ran out of space

On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:16:49 +0200, you wrote:

>> Im having a bigtime problem thats simple but im hitting my head against
the
>> wall. My mailscanner server ran out of space. where does mailscanner
store
>> the files that I can erase? im running redhat 8.
>
>Most likely your quarantine dir ? Last days the number of virusses bumped
>up on most servers, you might want to clean that dir...
>
>Thats /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine

I've had this same problem and I had to decrease the time we keep the
files in quarantaine. At this moment we don't quarantaine a number of
virusses anymore (some ppl at the helpdesk even released some of them,
now they can't do that anymore) so their is more space for false
positives.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk