postfix queues problem?

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sat May 22 14:30:03 IST 2004

Brian Parish wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 18:09, Drew Marshall wrote:
>

>>Brian Parish wrote:

<Snipped>

>Thanks Drew,
>
>Those lines were set at null.  i.e. run as user =
>
>So I fixed those, but still no cigar.  Incoming mail is not scanned and
>not passed on to the outgoing queue and "MailScanner starting" messages
>accumulate in the info log.
>
>I noted also that /var/spool/postfix and postfix.in were owned by root.
>Tried switching them to postfix ownership too, but no change.
>
>Brian

The queue root's should be owned by root and the queue directories
should be owned by postfix:postifx *except* maildrop & public which
should be postfix:maildrop. Don't forget to check quarantine and the
MailScanner 'work' directory.

Try stopping every thing and just start the services one at a time, so
#postfix -C /etc/postfix start
#postfix -C /etc/postfix.in start
then MailScanner (/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner?)

Check the logs on the way. This should give some clues as to where the
process is failing.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy