postfix queues problem?

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sat May 22 09:09:02 IST 2004

Brian Parish wrote:

>For some reason the install script did not set up the second postfix
>instance, so I followed the info at:
>
>http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Using_MailScanner/Postfix/SpamAssassin/ClamAV_in_Gentoo_Linux#Configuring_two_versions_of_postfix
>
>and did the following:
>
>cp -rp /etc/postfix /etc/postfix.in
>
>Edited /etc/postfix.in/main.cf and added a line at the top that says:
>
>defer_transports = smtp local virtual relay
>
>In the same file, changed:
>queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
>queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix.in
>
>cp -rp /var/spool/postfix /var/spool/postfix.in
>
>Edited /etc/postfix/master.cf and commented out the following line:
>smtp   inet    n       -       y       -       -       smtpd
>
>chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
>chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine
>
>service MailScanner start
>
>now says that it starts the two postfix queues, but in
>/var/log/mail/info I get over and over:
>
>MailScanner[nnn]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.30.3
>starting...
>
>I see MailScanner <defunct> processes and no mail is processed.

Check the 'run as user' in MailScanner.conf. Make sure it's postfix and
like wise the 'run as group' should as be postfix. As Postfix won't
allow anything to do with root near it's queues.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk