PATCH (for ZMailer): handling authenticated users - hints for other MTAs

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Fri May 21 19:37:06 IST 2004

El 21 May 2004 a las 9:11, Martin Hepworth escribió:

> Mariano Absatz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > an ISP wants to detect 'outgoing' spam, that is, when their own customers are
> > abusing its mail servers for spamming.
> >

> I find most of the spam eminating from people are throught trojaned
> computers nowadays. I think the only way to 'detect' these automajically
> is to use a proxy for SMTP and allow no direct port 25 attachments
> 'from' an 'internal machine. You can then scan the email and react
> accordinly.
>
> Or maybe I'm talking out the wrong end of my alimentary canal as per usual?

Martin,

that is a different beast... it is true, and supposedly the network security
people is dealing with this, but this particular ISP _does_ have a problem
with outgoing mail gatewayed thru its own mail servers, properly
authenticated, so I need this.

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby