Digital Signature problems?

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Thu May 20 13:59:20 IST 2004

Max Kipness wrote:
>> Actually the signature embedded by MailScanner is screwing up the
> e-mail's integrity, hence the digital signature not
>> working. Remove it and it will work properly.
>
> Again this is for inbound messages that are being received. They come
> with the message, "The digital signature on this message is invalid
> or not trusted.
>
> Is there anyway to tell MailScanner not to scan .pfx extensions? Maybe
> something is happening like with the .pdf file problems?

That was caused by adding signatures.  Are you doing anything at all that could alter the content of the messages in any way (such as stripping or disarming html).

Maybe set up a ruleset to archive mail from that sender befopre and after processing and see what has changed.

Have you explored the possibility that the senders mail server may be ading a signature and actually breaking it at their end.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.