sober.g slipping through?

Ken Anderson (Pacific Internet) ka at PACIFIC.NET
Wed May 19 23:27:53 IST 2004

Seeing some fake returned mail including sober.g getting through.
sober.g is being caught in most cases though, so I don't think it's a
virus scanner problem. We are running MailScanner-4.29.7-1

Here's what the messages look like. Note this isn't the whole message,
just the text at the top and the start of the attachment.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken
Pacific.Net

--- snip ---

==== AUTOMATED RESPONSE ===

Hello,

You have replied to an automated notification from Friendster.

If you really meant to send email to Friendster, please choose the
appropriate address from the Contact Friendster page:

http://www.friendster.com/info/contacts.jsp

 > Errors:
 >
 > 226.19.6.208_failed_after_I_sent_the_message.
 > % 475: MAILBOX NOT FOUND
 > % 353: Giving_up_on_226.19.6.208.
 > % 369: Remote_host_said:_delivery_error
 >
 > End
 > -----
 >
 > The full mail is attached.
 >
 > Auto-ReMail.System#: [pacific]
 > --=====ea8f04121b9.5ab35f7

UEsDBAoAAAAAAAFYrjDx1V7D/cEAAP3BAAAfAAAAcC16aXBwZWRfZmlsZV9kYXRhICAgICAgICAg

--- snip ---

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk