SpamAssassin installation could not be found

Max Pyziur pyz at BRAMA.COM
Wed May 19 12:23:03 IST 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> Max Pyziur wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Apologies since I've seen this problem posted before and have read through
> > the  faq-o-matic.
> >
> > I've tried all of the suggestions which were made but as yet nothing
> > seems to work.
> >
> > Some details: I've recently upgraded to mailscanner 4.30; I've upgraded also
> > to SpamAssassin 2.63.  Both have been installed using rpm.
> >
> > Looking at the details of
> > /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SA.pm I see that around line 119 the
> > "SpamAssassin installation could not be found" message is shown and am
> > assuming that settings prior to this line cause the error.
> >
> > My spamassassin perl modules are installed in
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Mail (yes I know that this version of Perl is
> > now on the trailing edge; in time it will be updated).
> >
> > Doing perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin does bring up documentation; does that
> > validate correct path settings?  What other things should I be checking in
> > order to make Spamassissin work w/ MailScanner?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Much Thanks.
>
> Uninstall Spamassassin's rpm, then install from source or CPAN.  SA's
> rpm don't get along well with MailScanner.

Thanks for your reply.

I've uninstalled SpamAssassin from rpms (ones which I built from SRPMs)
and have installed SpamAssassin 2.63 from source.  I'm able to run
spamassassin -D --lint -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
with no problems.

However, when I set "Use SpamAssassin = yes" I get the usual
"SpamAssassin installation could not be found" in the /var/log/maillog
file and MailScanner ceases to deliver mail.

This then seems to be a configuration setting on MailScanner's side; I see
in /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SA.pm that the error message is
produced at line 119 when it encounters the subsequent statement at line
120  -- unless eval "require Mail::SpamAssassin";

Having tried the above-mentioned recommendations and ones which I've found
in MailScanner's archives I'll still continue looking through
the archives, but if someone has more information on this I would
appreciate it very much.

Much thanks.

> a quick search on google would have told you, or the MAQ page
> http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/#beforeanything
>

> > Max Pyziur
> > pyz at brama.com
[recycle]