Bayes autolearn issue after upgrade of SpamCopU RI

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Tue May 18 20:19:41 IST 2004

>From man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf  - the note after
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam:

           Note: SpamAssassin requires at least 3 points from the
           header, and 3 points from the body to auto-learn as
           spam.  Therefore, the minimum working value for this
           option is 6.

Also from the same man page, under bayes_auto_learn:

           Note that certain tests are ignored when determining
           whether a message should be trained upon:
            - auto-whitelist (AWL)
            - rules with tflags set to 'learn' (the Bayesian
           rules)
            - rules with tflags set to 'userconf' (user
           white/black-listing rules, etc)

           Also note that auto-training occurs using scores from
           either scoreset 0 or 1, depending on what scoreset is
           used during message check.  It is likely that the mes-
           sage check and auto-train scores will be different.

So, there are several reason for your SA score to be high, but for the
message not to be auto learned.  This may be what is going on.

Jase

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk