Update-MakeMaker.sh fails - what am I missing?

Brian Parish clicknow at SWIFTDSL.COM.AU
Tue May 18 08:35:26 IST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 20:36, Julian Field wrote:
> At 11:32 17/05/2004, you wrote:
> >Well it doen't seem to matter what I set the language to, the compile
> >still fails and the rpm source rebuild still fails.  So
> >perl-Convert-Binhex is perl-Brickwall right now.
>
> The "make test" instruction on Convert::BinHex will fail. Just ignore it
> and install it anyway.

Sorry to be dense here, but I have two ways I can try to install this:

1. rpm --rebuild the-source-rpm supplied in the MailScanner tarball
2. cpan> install ...

The rpm rebuild fails with bzip2 invalid flag problems and the cpan
method fails to compile.  Changing language variables does not appear to
be an answer to this.

Is there a third way?  Googling seems only to find rpms for the wrong OS
or source rpms that then don't exist when I follow links.  This seems
way more difficult than it should be, so that usually means I am missing
something.

thanks to those who persist with this

best regards
Brian