how to turn off filename violation notifications?

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon May 17 20:34:30 IST 2004

At 03:24 PM 5/17/2004, Chris W. Parker wrote:
>hello,
>
>i've looked through MailScanner.conf a few times but cannot seem to
>figure out how to stop MS from sending root an email each time a
>possible virus (or bad filename) comes through.
>
>there must be an option or combination of options that i am missing.
>will someone please let me in on the secret? :)

You want to change this setting in MailScanner.conf.

# Notify the local system administrators ("Notices To") when any infections
# are found?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Send Notices = yes

Or you can change where they go by setting the "Notices To" to an alternate
address instead of postmaster.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk