Spamassassin refuses to auto-learn!

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon May 17 19:02:27 IST 2004

At 01:51 PM 5/17/2004, Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
>On the same line...here is my output and having maybe a similar problem
>that I can't figure out:
>
>SNIP, NOTICE THAT THERE SEEMS TO BE 2 BAYES

That's not abnormal. SA initializes bayes twice, once for scoring, once for
learning. Happens all the time.

I'd suggest running "sa-learn --dump magic" as root and see what you get
for nham and nspam.

>NOTE: LOOKS LIKE THE /VAR/SPOOL/SPAMASSASSIN DIR IS WORKING IN SOME FORM
>BY LOOKING AT THE DATE

Any chance you have a bayes_path statement in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
for mailscanner? I'd venture to guess you do, which means mailscanner will
use /var/spool/spamassassin. However, if you don't have such a statement
for root's user_prefs, root will use it's own home-dir.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk